Feb. 20, 2018
Keeping your children safe while at school is our district’s top priority.
Listed below are two safety measures that will be implemented effective Feb. 26, 2018 to continue to safeguard our students and staff and to affect positive student learning in the classroom. Also, listed are a few of the other safeguards LES has in place to ensure everyone’s safety. We constantly re-evaluate our safety and emergency procedures.
Upgraded safety procedure effective Feb. 26, 2018: (*new)
*Visitor Registry: Beginning Feb. 26, 2018 when the doors open at LES at 7:00 AM….All visitors must register with the front office before having access to the building. No visitors without proper sign-in may go past the front foyer video display. Signing-in is done using the Raptor System, which tracks a variety of information and data. You will need a state issued identification card….i.e. driver’s license to sign-in and display your Raptor ID openly for all to see. You must also exit the building via the front office to submit your ID sticker to verify you have left the building.
- *Back Car Student Drop-off: Effective Feb. 26, 2018 parents may not enter the building via the back doors of the school. You may continue to drop your student off at the curbside by the awning. Parents/visitors will not be allowed to park in the staff parking lot and escort your child across the driveway or into the building. There is no drop-off point in the staff parking lot.
- District Identification Badges: All LES and district staff, as well as all students from our middle and high schools, will prominently display district ID badges at all times when at LES.
- Video Cameras: LES has 15 digital cameras in our school to monitor activity inside and out. 24 hours a day…7 days a week.
- Controlled Access: All exterior building doors, except the main office doors, are locked by 7:40 AM and are monitored and several are controlled with keypads. There are entrance codes for staff and students. Please do not ask your student for their code.
- School Resource Officer (SRO) Program: LES has a long-standing partnership with the Lexington Police Department; its officers are assigned to our school to provide security and education. Our current SRO is PFC Steffonie Cockerill.
In our school, your children safety come first. Thank you for entrusting them to our care.
James H. Hamby, Principal