Join LES PTA for Chicken Salad Chick Family Night this Thursday, March 15th, from 12 noon – 7:30pm. Just let your server know you are with Lexington Elementary and 15% of your sale will support LES PTA!
Chicken Salad Chick
5135 Sunset Boulevard, Suite A, Lexington, SC 29072 OR
252-Z Harbison Boulevard, Columbia, SC 29212
Lexington Elementary Early Bird Stringers, Wildcat Band, and Cat’s Choir will present their 2018 Spring Concert on Thursday, April 19th, at 6:00 PM in the LES Café. Vocal solos feature students who are in the Lexington One Honor Choir and the South Carolina Elementary Honor Choir. Please join us for an evening of excitement as you hear the musical achievements of our 4th and 5th graders!
Yesterday we were officially accredited as an International Baccalaureate, Primary Years Programme School! Lexington Middle and Lexington High Schools are also IB Schools!
We need your help with our Spring Fundraiser!
The month of March is Music in Our Schools Month. During March, Mrs. Lund and Ms. Rhyner would like to share what our LES students are learning in music class. All 5th grade classes have been learning how to play the ukulele. Here are a few pictures from our 5th grade classes playing the ukulele.
2018 Across America weekly flyer
Celebrate Dr. Seuss’s Birthday with LES
Read Across America Day – March 2, 2018
Let’s dress up every day to celebrate,
Monday, February 26th – March 2nd.
Monday – My Many Colored Days – wear your favorite color!
Tuesday – Oh The Places You Will Go – wear something from a place you’ve been!
Wednesday – Wear your craziest socks in honor of Fox in Socks!
Thursday – Wear GREEN for Green Eggs and Ham!
Friday – Wear red, black and white or your favorite Seuss shirt in honor of The Cat in the Hat!
Safety Letter update
Feb. 20, 2018
Keeping your children safe while at school is our district’s top priority.
Listed below are two safety measures that will be implemented effective Feb. 26, 2018 to continue to safeguard our students and staff and to affect positive student learning in the classroom. Also, listed are a few of the other safeguards LES has in place to ensure everyone’s safety. We constantly re-evaluate our safety and emergency procedures.
Upgraded safety procedure effective Feb. 26, 2018: (*new)
*Visitor Registry: Beginning Feb. 26, 2018 when the doors open at LES at 7:00 AM….All visitors must register with the front office before having access to the building. No visitors without proper sign-in may go past the front foyer video display. Signing-in is done using the Raptor System, which tracks a variety of information and data. You will need a state issued identification card….i.e. driver’s license to sign-in and display your Raptor ID openly for all to see. You must also exit the building via the front office to submit your ID sticker to verify you have left the building.
- *Back Car Student Drop-off: Effective Feb. 26, 2018 parents may not enter the building via the back doors of the school. You may continue to drop your student off at the curbside by the awning. Parents/visitors will not be allowed to park in the staff parking lot and escort your child across the driveway or into the building. There is no drop-off point in the staff parking lot.
- District Identification Badges: All LES and district staff, as well as all students from our middle and high schools, will prominently display district ID badges at all times when at LES.
- Video Cameras: LES has 15 digital cameras in our school to monitor activity inside and out. 24 hours a day…7 days a week.
- Controlled Access: All exterior building doors, except the main office doors, are locked by 7:40 AM and are monitored and several are controlled with keypads. There are entrance codes for staff and students. Please do not ask your student for their code.
- School Resource Officer (SRO) Program: LES has a long-standing partnership with the Lexington Police Department; its officers are assigned to our school to provide security and education. Our current SRO is PFC Steffonie Cockerill.
In our school, your children safety come first. Thank you for entrusting them to our care.
James H. Hamby, Principal