SIC Mission Statement:
LES School Improvement Council
South Carolina initiated School Improvement Councils (SICs) through legislative action as a means of assuring the influential voice of parents and community members in the education of their children. SICs role has expanded and extended their role and responsibility for planning, monitoring, and evaluating improvement at the school level.
Purpose and Functions:
1. Assist in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of the comprehensive school renewal plan.
2. Assist in the preparation of yearly plan updates and the development/monitoring of school improvement and innovation.
3.Develop an annual school report to the parents and constituents of the school.
4. Provide compulsory advice on the use of school incentive grant awards.
5. Serve as a liaison between the school, school organizations, the community and the local school board.
6. Provide other assistance that the principal may request.
2016-17 Annual Report:
2016-17 Annual School Improvement Council Report to the Parents
2014 – 2015 Annual Report:
2014-15 Annual School Improvement Council Report to the Parents